What is Cloud-ERP?
Unlike an on-premise solution, the web-based Cloud ERP system is not installed locally. All you need is a browser and an Internet connection. An ERP solution on a cloud basis is billed via a monthly lease, which usually already covers all necessary hardware components, maintenance work and updates*. (*brixxbox is different from standard ERP vendors. Updates are therefore not necessary).
Particularly in the area of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software, companies now frequently opt for enterprise software from the cloud. The reason: Cloud-based ERP solutions offer a number of advantages that on-premise solutions do not. Cloud-based ERP solutions are the right choice, especially for ensuring the competitiveness and sustainability of a company in times of digitalization and automation.
Alternative to Cloud-based ERP: On-Premise ERP
ERP cloud solutions are based on the use of cloud platforms and services and are based on the software-as-a-service (SaaS) model. The special feature of cloud solutions in contrast to on-premise ERP solutions is mainly the fact that the support of business processes is much more flexible.
The special advantage of cloud-based ERP solutions: As a user, you have direct access to all relevant data and important information at any time and from anywhere, which can significantly simplify your daily work with the system.
On-premise solutions are a possible alternative to cloud solutions for companies that prefer to keep complete control of the solution in their own hands. With On-Premise you make updates yourself and are responsible for software maintenance. On the one hand, this means more effort, but with the advantage that you have an exact overview of what is being done at what time.
As a flexible ERP software provider, Brixxbox offers the software both as a cloud-based solution and as an on-premise solution.
Advantages of Cloud ERP systems
- A cloud solution is available everywhere without installation
- No infrastructure necessary, except browser with internet access
- Central Backups
- Fast reaction to changing user needs: A solution can start small and if many users are added later, the database can be accelerated in the background. With an On Premise Server this would not be possible without replacing the hardware.
- Central security measures in the cloud
- Easy realization of backups as desired with zone-redundant data; i.e. backup systems in other data centers or even on other continents
- There is only one software version that is used by all: Updates are published automatically and do not require any intervention on the user or workspace creator side
Disadvantages of Cloud ERP systems
- Dependence on a secure Internet connection: Data security can never be guaranteed to 100%. Since company data is only available online, unrestricted access is not always guaranteed.
- Mobile security: Mobile applications are still relatively new and therefore somewhat error-prone here and there. Furthermore, the protection of privacy during mobile use cannot be 100% guaranteed due to poor encryption.
Standard cloud providers often still have disadvantages such as integration problems with existing company applications and problems with automatic updates.
brixxbox differs significantly from other ERP providers due to its unique modular principle, which eliminates these problems.
Learn more about the uniqueness of the brixxbox software.