Who needs digital order management?
A business model was developed and the market was explored. In the next step, products and services were declared and first addresses for acquisitions were procured. Ideally, the first customers as well as the first customer orders will be generated subsequently. The business processes are increasing. Without a supporting technology it does not take long until the workload can no longer be handled by hand. A software for order management is a sensible solution, as long as it takes at least the following points into account:
- Storage of all address-relevant information including contact persons and contact information in the software
- Storage of existing articles and services in the software
- Creation of customer orders and status management in the software
Meanwhile the collection of additional information, like special places of delivery, certain delivery times or other preferences counts likewise to it.
Advantages and benefits of digital order management:
In such a system, all data is located in one central location. Addresses, articles and other master data can be effectively managed in the software and updated as required. In practice, order management is in most cases linked to other systems and processes within a software from the field of “enterprise resource planning or ERP”. These include, for example
- Billing programs
- CRM systems to directly address customer needs
- Archiving system for archiving of documents
Applications for digital job management in connection with relevant follow-up processes are mainly based on standard software products. Depending on the size of the company, its orientation and the desired level of digitization, various solutions with different functionalities are possible. If a company grows over time, the requirements and thus the necessary functions of the required solution also grow. It can therefore happen that the previous functions are no longer sufficient over time and a change must be considered in order to take into account the increasing level of information for the company.
Brixxbox: Digital Order Management-Template:
The provided templates serve as configuration examples. Different approaches shall be illustrated. The templates can be supplemented after the import as desired, or used as templates for own applications or entire systems.
In practice, the digital order management could be used for example by:
- consulting company
- and small enterprises
can be used to manage initial contacts with the respective contact persons after the company is founded and to monitor initial business activities (e.g. customer orders).
Extract of the functions:
- Company name and address of customers, suppliers, interested parties and other addresses
- Contact person management with the corresponding contact data
- Archiving and digitalization of documents and files (DMS)
- Documentation of address-relevant features (e.g. specific delivery periods, acceptance deadlines, deviating conditions, etc.)
- Article management
- Price management
- Entry and control of discounts per order
- Enter and document order
- Manage status of the job