What is a ticket system?
In practice, companies regularly receive numerous inquiries. Customers and interested parties have questions about specific products and services, or need clarification regarding the products purchased. A ticket system is a software system that centrally manages all inquiries to a company. The receipt, the coordination to the right department or person and the processing of the requests is done centrally via the ticket system and bundles the channels:
- Chat and Messenger
in one system. The received requests can then be checked and assigned to a person for further processing until a solution is found (closed ticket). The ticket system is intended to ensure that no message is lost and that a complete overview of the processes to be processed is possible at any time.
Advantages and benefits of a ticket system:
Good ticket systems offer a wide range of possibilities and support many processes in the company. The main advantages to be mentioned in this context are
- Streamline customer inquiries: Incoming tickets are stored in a central location with a corresponding system of several communication channels. Employees can assign priorities to the tickets, monitor and process them.
- Access to customers and history: A good relationship with customers and partners is an important success factor for a company. With the ticket system, employees can also access past contacts with customers and partners, so that they always have all the facts in view
- Automation of tasks: With a One Ticket System, routine tasks can be standardized to increase efficiency and enable faster responses.
- Comprehensive evaluation options: With a good ticket system, various evaluations can be called up quickly and easily.
Ticket systems are mainly based on standard software products. Depending on the size of the company, the number and the degree of complexity of the requests, different solutions with different functionalities can be considered. If a company grows over time, the requirements and thus the necessary functions of the ticket system also grow. It can therefore happen that the previous functions of the ticket system are no longer sufficient over time and a change must be considered in order to take into account the increasing level of information for the company.
The provided templates serve as configuration examples. Different approaches shall be illustrated. The templates can be supplemented after the import as desired, or used as templates for own applications or entire systems.
In practice, the ticket system could be used for example by:
- consulting company
- and small enterprises
to manage and document requests of all kinds.
Extract of the functions:
- Company name and address of customers
- Contact person management with the corresponding contact data
- Integrated telephone book with search function
- Archiving and digitalization of documents and files (DMS)
- Entry of tickets
- Documentation of customer inquiries
- Tracking of tickets through unique numbering